Make sure your Google Analytics account is setup the right way, the first time.
Whether you’re a site owner or website designer having a data whiz in your corner makes the setup process a whole lot easier.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a powerful tool for understanding website traffic and how users behave on-site.
GA4 is the upgrade that was released October 2020. Although there’s no formal announcement of Universal Analytics going away anytime soon – GA4 is the default for new accounts so I strongly recommend setting up both.
Simply put, Google Analytics allows you to see how visitors arrive at your website and what they do once they’re on it.
Why is Setting up Analytics Important?
Setting up Google Analytics is important because it provides insights into which marketing strategies are driving the most people, sales or leads.
Cutting corners on data analytics is choosing to make really expensive marketing decisions blindfolded.
Google Analytics Setup Process
The whole point of offering a Google Analytics setup service is to make this step easy. So, I keep the process simple.
- Onboarding. First step is to make sure I fully understand your site and what is most important to growing your business.
- Access. It’s really important for you to fully own your data. All Google Analytics accounts will be set up under your company email domain.
- Setup. I set up and connect everything we discussed in onboarding this usually includes: Universal Analytics (standard), GA4, Google Tag Manager, Install Snippet Container, Set up Events, Configure Goals, integrate Google Ads, Google Search Console.
- Reporting. Personalize a Data Studio dashboard with your branding. Record a “how to” video for using your new report and handoff.
Google Analytics Setup Cost
Google Analytics is a free tool – but if you need help to set up GA, I keep costs low and turnaround times quick. Google Analytics setup costs range between $99 – $500. This is a one time fee.
$99 for Google Analytics setup only.
GA + Events
$250 for Google Analytics setup + basic event tags in Google Tag Manager.
Basic Event Tags Included: contact forms, phone number clicks, email clicks, directions, downloads.
GA + Events + Reports
$500 for Google Analytics setup, basic event tagging, personalized data studio report.
- $99/month for ongoing preventative maintenance.
- $250/month for ongoing preventative maintenance and a “what the data means” monthly video.
- Bulk Rates Available.
Why You Should Hire a Professional
If Google Analytics is a free tool, why should you pay for a setup service?
Well, google analytics can be intimidating if you’re a business owner and time consuming if you’re a web designer.
Because of these two factors, I see a lot of accounts not set up properly.
Hiring a professional to setup your Google Analytics accounts will spare you from making these common mistakes:
Waiting. Data is not retroactive, meaning you won’t have access to information about how users are interacting with your website until you setup Analytics.
Skipping Event Tagging. Event tagging and setting goals is how you know what visitors are doing on your website. It has to be made a priority.
Trusting the wrong platform. There are paid platforms available that promise really easy setup and reporting. What happens to your data when you stop paying for their service?
Trusting in the wrong service provider. Unfortunately some service providers will refuse to turn over a business’ analytics account.
Data is gold when evaluating and optimizing digital marketing campaigns. Be 100% sure your data stays in your hands.